Data Protection Notice
This Practice complies with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018.
We use your Information to provide you with Health Care services, and share your information with other organisations involved in your care.
The practices does this under Article 6(1) and Article 9(2)(h) of the GDPR.
For further information, see a copy of our Privacy Notice on the following link: GDPR Privacy Notice or a copy of the leaflet “How we use your information” (a link to this is further down this page).
You are entitled to see what information we hold about you on request
Your Data Matters to the NHS
Information about your health and care helps us to improve your individual care, speed up diagnosis, plan your local services and research new treatments.
In may 2018, the strict rules about how this data can and cannot be used were strengthened. The NHS is committed to keeping patient information safe and always being clear about how it is used.
You can choose whether your confidential patient information is used for research and planning.
To find out more visit: nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-matters
How we use your data - information for patients
Patient Information Leaflet - How we use your information
CQC Inspection Report and Supporting Information
Read details from our January 2019 Inspection by the CQC
Report from January 2019 Inspection
Supporting Information from January 2019 Inspection
Northumberland House Surgery would like to invite you to join DoctorLink.
We have been looking at how we can improve access to Practice services; DoctorLink is our new online Symptom Checker service where you can access advice and appointments on line.
Registration is simple and you can register here:
The symptom checker will ask you a number of questions to help to identify your problem.
The outcome of your assessment will direct you to the right treatment, whether emergency care, your GP, nurse or self care.
If your outcome indicates that an appointment is required, you simply click on the request appointment link.
Once the request has been submitted, you will then be contacted by the Practice Team, to arrange an appointment within the identified timeframe (as outlined in the outcome of your symptom checker).
The information you provide will be shared with our clinical team (where appropriate) and will assist in providing robust information of your problem to the required clinical team member prior to your appointment.
You can also find the App on the Google Play Store as well as the Apple App Store.
From 1 October 2018 in addition to the practice’s normal opening hours, and additional surgery opening times as stated on our website, you can also book an appointment to see a local clinician in the evenings or at the weekend in Kidderminster.
GP practices are working together to provide improved access appointments to our patients. This means that your improved access appointment may be with a different GP, nurse or based in a different location or practice than you are used to, and some of these appointments are telephone only.
These appointments are pre-bookable by contacting the surgery during our opening times – our receptionists will help you to find a convenient appointment.
Healthy Minds Self Referral Information
Health Walks in Worcestershire:
The Worcestershire Walking Network is a partnership funded by Worcestershire County Council Department of Adult Services and Health and delivered by the Countryside Service. It acts to raise awareness of the benefits of walking and local walking for health schemes to increase participation in active recreation and physical activity.
For more info visit the website: HERE
Northumberland House Surgery
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment.
Click here to read our Statement of Purpose.
Our commitment to you:
- To make sure all members of our workforce team are committed to achieving high quality services for patients.
- Ensure patients have easy access to the services they require and that they understand the care and treatment offered.
- We aim to keep patients healthy, treat as individuals and make every effort to respect personal beliefs.
- We aim to offer treatment we believe is appropriate by a suitably qualified person.
- We aim to provide a named accountable GP to take responsibility for the co-ordination of all appropriate services required under GP contract and ensure they are delivered to each patient (based on the clinical judgement of the named accountable GP).
- We will make every effort to see you promptly. Urgent medical requests will receive immediate attention and there will be a duty doctor available each day for urgent problems.
- We will offer you an appointment with a doctor within two working days whenever possible. If your own doctor is not available, we will arrange for you to see another doctor. You will be seen by a doctor on the same day if this is appropriate, although we cannot guarantee you will be seen by your own doctor.
- We will strive to promote good health through advice and preventative medicine.
- We will respect your rights of confidentiality and access to your medical records, within the law.
- We will try to deal at once with any problems or complaints which you bring to our attention and welcome your suggestions for improving our service to you.
DNA (Did Not Attend) Policy
Please note the practice has a strict policy for missed appointments. A doctor will write to you if you miss appointments without notifying Reception that you wish to cancel the appointment. There are a number of ways to cancel appointments:
- Telephone Reception on 01562 757377
- E mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register for on line access for booking / cancelling appointments and ordering repeat medication.
We ask that you help us to ensure there are no wasted appointments. Any comments please contact email@example.com
Access & Parking
There are automatic doors for wheelchair access to the Hume Street Medical Centre. There is also a lift for access to the first floor. We have a large car park at Hume Street Medical Centre which is for the use of patients attending the medical centre only, not for visits to the hospital.
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Named Accountable GP
All patients are allocated a named accountable GP to take responsibility for the co-ordination of all appropriate services required under GP contract and ensure they are delivered to each patient (based on the clinical judgement of the named accountable GP).
(Site updated 15/01/2020)