Hospital Discharge Survey Flyer
COVID VACCINATIONS update 17.05.21
In line with latest government guidance we are now prioritising second vaccination at 8 weeks. Please do not contact us, but wait for us to contact you.
Information for Patients who require a hospital referral
Patient Info for Referrals
What First Contact Physiotherapists offer
Please note there are currently no appointments available to book online - all appointments should be booked through the Reception Team at the Surgery.
If you have an appointment at the Surgery you will need to wear a face covering from Friday 24 July 2020. The Surgery will not provide exemption letters as per the LMC Guidance (see document below). Face mask Exemption guidance note
From 3 August 2020 there will only be one baby clinic a week on a Monday 2.00-3.00.
There will be 2 doctors who will have BOOKED appointments, this will no longer be a walk in clinic.
FAMILY PLANNING CLINIC
From 1 August 2020 this will no longer be a walk in clinic.
There will be appointments available to book with a doctor and the Nurse Practitioner - please contact Reception to book.
BEWARE OF SCAMMERS
There is heightened coverage around the recent Coronavirus outbreak around the world, which is now severely impacting on the UK and the NHS.
Unfortunately fraudsters are targeting these circumstances to take advantage of public fear and concern
We have been made aware that our patients are receiving phone calls, texts and letters from fraudsters. They will try and obtain your personal details and in particular your NHS number.
Scammers are sophisticated, opportunistic and will try many ways to get the information they want. They often target the vulnerable.
If you are suspicious, do not give any details over the phone, hang up and then ring your GP Practice to confirm.
Important information about the coronavirus (COVID-19)
The NHS across Worcestershire and Herefordshire will be better prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases, if the public follows Public Health England advice.
The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of patients and staff which may mean your patient experience is subject to change.
The Chief Medical Officer announced on Friday 13 March that the country is moving into the ‘Delay’ stage of the response to coronavirus (Covid-19).
The new advice issued by the Chief Medical Officer is to stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
• a high temperature or
• a new continuous cough
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or a hospital. You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you're staying at home.
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
• you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
• your condition gets worse
• your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
Stay At Home advice can be found here.
Everyone is being reminded to follow Public Health England advice to:
• Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
Information remains subject to regular change and updates. More information can be found on the NHS website here.
Fit Notes for Patients in Self Isolation
Fit note for patients in isolation can now be accessed via nhs111 online. See link below . Important for practices to know this as will avoid lots of calls asking for sick notes.
If you want to check what the symptoms for Covid-19 are please use the link below:
We are being inundated with repeat medication requests. Please do not order your medication before it is due as it will not be processed. In order to prevent stockpiling we will not issue larger quantities. You may order when you have 2 weeks supply left. We aim to process all prescription requests within 72 hours. It may take an additional couple of days for your pharmacy to process prescriptions, so we recommend you allow 5 days before collecting your medication. If you need to contact the prescription team please make use of our email system if possible: email@example.com
Data Protection Notice
This Practice complies with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018.
We use your Information to provide you with Health Care services, and share your information with other organisations involved in your care.
The practices does this under Article 6(1) and Article 9(2)(h) of the GDPR.
For further information, see a copy of our Privacy Notice on the following link: GDPR Privacy Notice or a copy of the leaflet “How we use your information” (a link to this is further down this page).
You are entitled to see what information we hold about you on request
Your Data Matters to the NHS
Information about your health and care helps us to improve your individual care, speed up diagnosis, plan your local services and research new treatments.
In may 2018, the strict rules about how this data can and cannot be used were strengthened. The NHS is committed to keeping patient information safe and always being clear about how it is used.
You can choose whether your confidential patient information is used for research and planning.
To find out more visit: nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-matters
How we use your data - information for patients
Covid 19 Privacy Notice
Patient Information Leaflet - How we use your information
CQC Inspection Report and Supporting Information
Read details from our January 2019 Inspection by the CQC
Report from January 2019 Inspection
Supporting Information from January 2019 Inspection
From 1 October 2018 in addition to the practice’s normal opening hours, and additional surgery opening times as stated on our website, you can also book an appointment to see a local clinician in the evenings or at the weekend in Kidderminster.
GP practices are working together to provide improved access appointments to our patients. This means that your improved access appointment may be with a different GP, nurse or based in a different location or practice than you are used to, and some of these appointments are telephone only.
These appointments are pre-bookable by contacting the surgery during our opening times – our receptionists will help you to find a convenient appointment.
Health Walks in Worcestershire:
The Worcestershire Walking Network is a partnership funded by Worcestershire County Council Department of Adult Services and Health and delivered by the Countryside Service. It acts to raise awareness of the benefits of walking and local walking for health schemes to increase participation in active recreation and physical activity.
For more info visit the website: HERE
Northumberland House Surgery
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment.
Click here to read our Statement of Purpose.
Our commitment to you:
- To make sure all members of our workforce team are committed to achieving high quality services for patients.
- Ensure patients have easy access to the services they require and that they understand the care and treatment offered.
- We aim to keep patients healthy, treat as individuals and make every effort to respect personal beliefs.
- We aim to offer treatment we believe is appropriate by a suitably qualified person.
- We aim to provide a named accountable GP to take responsibility for the co-ordination of all appropriate services required under GP contract and ensure they are delivered to each patient (based on the clinical judgement of the named accountable GP).
- We will make every effort to see you promptly. Urgent medical requests will receive immediate attention and there will be a duty doctor available each day for urgent problems.
- We will offer you an appointment with a doctor within two working days whenever possible. If your own doctor is not available, we will arrange for you to see another doctor. You will be seen by a doctor on the same day if this is appropriate, although we cannot guarantee you will be seen by your own doctor.
- We will strive to promote good health through advice and preventative medicine.
- We will respect your rights of confidentiality and access to your medical records, within the law.
- We will try to deal at once with any problems or complaints which you bring to our attention and welcome your suggestions for improving our service to you.
DNA (Did Not Attend) Policy
Please note the practice has a strict policy for missed appointments. A doctor will write to you if you miss appointments without notifying Reception that you wish to cancel the appointment. There are a number of ways to cancel appointments:
- Telephone Reception on 01562 757377
- E mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register for on line access for booking / cancelling appointments and ordering repeat medication.
We ask that you help us to ensure there are no wasted appointments. Any comments please contact email@example.com
Access & Parking
There are automatic doors for wheelchair access to the Hume Street Medical Centre. There is also a lift for access to the first floor. We have a large car park at Hume Street Medical Centre which is for the use of patients attending the medical centre only, not for visits to the hospital.
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Named Accountable GP
All patients are allocated a named accountable GP to take responsibility for the co-ordination of all appropriate services required under GP contract and ensure they are delivered to each patient (based on the clinical judgement of the named accountable GP).
(Site updated 17/05/2021)